Lemon & Herb Chicken
This Middle Eastern inspired recipe combines succulent chicken thigh with roasted red peppers and za’atar spices in a fresh summer dish that’s bursting with flavour.
Step 1 - You Will Need:
- 2 large diced red peppers
- 8 medium diced chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves of chopped garlic
- A pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 3 teaspoons of za’atar dried spice mix
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon of freshly chopped parsley
- Mix all the ingredients together and leave to marinate for 2 hours or overnight.
- Roast in the oven at 200°C for 15 to 20 mins until fully cooked and evenly browned.
Step 2 - You Will Need:
- 200ml of chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon of cornflour
- Pour the chicken stock over the chicken and bake for a further 15 to 20 mins until thickened and bubbling.