Roast Aubergine Tagine
A delicious vegetarian tagine with roasted aubergine, peppers and chickpeas in a rich tomato sauce spiced with paprika and cumin. A great dinner party dish for sunny summer evenings.
Step 1 - You Will Need:
- 2 large aubergines diced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 thinly sliced red peppers
- 1 large thinly sliced white onion
- 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon of chopped flat leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoonss of za’atar dried spice mix
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 large pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of chopped basil
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- A handful of semi-dried tomatoes
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large oven dish and roast in a 200°C oven for 30 to 40 minutes until fully cooked and evenly browned.
Step 2 - You Will Need:
- 1 tablespoon of corn flour
- 2 x 400g tins of chopped tomatoes
- 200ml of vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g tins of chickpeas, drained
- Add all the ingredients to a pan, gently bring to a simmer and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Mix with the roasted aubergines and serve.